Saturday, July 14, 2012

What's that, a day without an incident?

I joke that what these kids need is a sign found in most employee break rooms that says "Days without an Incident" - some corny HR humor for you. Maybe this is a sign I need to go back to work. These babies seem to be competing for attention or one-upping each other lately and I think it would be much better to have a contest of who can gain the most normal weight or go the longest without causing trouble.

We actually had a peaceful and stable day today with both babies; I got some Kangaroo time with Maisie (albeit not as peaceful or private as it was at Swedish), and James was holding steady.

Baby Maisie
Jimmy and I took off for a little mountain retreat to my family's house in Conifer to celebrate my parent's 33rd wedding anniversary. We didn't get one phone call, but we had anxiety over other phone calls that came to the house. This was the first time we've done anything outside of our home in over 3 months, as we had been on strict bed rest with the babies. Clearly, they have been running the show for a while. I myself enjoyed seeing family outside of my couch environs and staying in an upright position for longer than 30 seconds. It was a very relaxing and much needed evening.

Thanks babies, for giving mommy and daddy a break for the day. We truly do appreciate it.
Baby James

No comments:

Post a Comment