Wednesday, January 23, 2013

No matter what we do...

We still get exposed to the flu. Bummer.

I, mommy dragon, have a confirmed case of Influenza A. Now everyone, including grandma, Jimmy and the little dragons are on Tamiflu.

Jimmy predicted it and so I took the first available appointment, just to be on the safe side. I work with at-risk populations at home and on the job, so it's crucial that I keep contagion in check. The doctor didn't even believe I could have the flu... however, the test came back positive and we are all in quarantine mode.

Thankfully I had my flu shot so what I got wasn't really that bad. Overall it was more inconvenient trying to stay away from the babies for the whole weekend while still trying to help out and provide for them. They are doing well and we don't believe they've got the flu. Jimmy did a great job managing when I was under the weather.

And I have to give kudos to Dr Jim, who time and time again proves to be an amazing pediatrician and neonatologist who takes our family seriously. I've resigned myself to the fact that if something's going to happen, it will happen to us- so we have to be prepared.

***
The O Challenge continues... we walked around the block today to get out of the house and take advantage of the weather that was supposed to be much nicer than it actually was. The babies were very concerned and curious, as they don't ever get to see the sky. So far we've made it to six hours off of O's without a hitch and will continue the challenge while we are on the mend.

No comments:

Post a Comment